Marble cakes are a sweet delight, mixing white or yellow cakes and chocolate together. This recipe came from wanting to transform a yellow cake into something more. After looking in the pantry and finding chocolate chips, the idea popped into my head to melt the chocolate chips, making the yellow cake into a marble cake.
1 box of yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
6 oz. Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can dark chocolate frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs on a low speed for 2 minutes.
3. In a small sauce pan melt the chocolate chips on a low heat.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the cake batter, and stir together.
5. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cool. Frost your cake.
Serving: 1 cake
Time: about 30-45 minutes