Releasing on the same day as The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is the extended edition of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1. It includes 8 minutes of deleted and extended scenes put back into the film that originally did not make the final cut in the theatrical version. According to director Bill Condon, Twihards will get a chance to see several cut scenes that are fan favorites from the book.
In this fourth installment of The Twilight Saga franchise that is based on the first half of the novel Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, Edward and Bella finally are ready to tie the knot and Jacob runs off to Canada when he receives his invite.
However, on the day of the wedding Jacob arrives at the Cullen house to wish Bella well and see her one last time before she becomes a vampire. He becomes infuriated when he learns from Bella that she plans to consummate the marriage during their honeymoon before she is turned. Knowing that it could endanger Bella’s life, he tries to attack Edward, but is held back by his wolf pack.
After the wedding, the happily married couple whisk off to the Cullens’ private Brazilian island for their honeymoon. They become intimate and two weeks later she discovers she is pregnant with child. Alarmingly, the fetus in her womb is growing at an accelerated rate and begins to take a toll on her. They rush back to Forks where Bella refuses to have an abortion that could save her life.
Meanwhile, Jacob, Sam and the rest of the Quileute wolf pack find out about Bella’s pregnancy. Sam believes their wolf pack is threatened by the impending birth of this monster and vows to kill it, while Jacob resists Sam’s order and separates from the wolf pack. Along with Seth and Leah Clearwater, the three form a new wolf pack and hurry to the Cullen residence to protect Bella and her unborn child.
On the verge of death, she gives birth to a baby girl, who she names Renesme. As Sam and his wolf pack attack the Cullen house, Jacob and his wolf pack band together with the Cullens to protect the innocent newborn.
Both the DVD and the Blu-ray come in a collectible packaging with pearlized finish and embossing and contain both the theatrical and extended versions of the film. Special features include a 6-part making-of documentary, Edward and Bella's personal wedding video, a glimpse at Jacob's destiny, favorite scenes of Edward and Jacob and audio commentary by director Bill Condon.
Midnight Release Parties: Locations and details of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 midnight release parties!
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen
- Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black
- Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen
- Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen
- Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen
- Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen
- Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale
- Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale
- Billy Burke as Charlie Swan
- Sarah Clarke as Renée Dwyer
- Julia Jones as Leah Clearwater
- Booboo Stewart as Seth Clearwater
- MyAnna Buring as Tanya Denali
- Maggie Grace as Irina Denali
- Casey LaBow as Kate Denali
- Michael Sheen as Aro
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius
- Christopher Heyerdahl as Marcus
- Chaske Spencer as Sam Uley
- Christian Camargo as Eleazar Denali
- Mía Maestro as Carmen Denali
New to Extended Edition:
7 Additional Scenes
- Revised opening scene with the Volturi
- Revision of the extended flashback of Edward Cullen as a young vampire
- New scene during the honeymoon
- 2 new scenes in the Cullen home
- Extended version of the fight scene between Edward / Jacob and the other werewolves
- New scene with Jacob the caregiver
- Ending Credits Revised
Additional Special Features:
- Theatrical and Extended Versions of the Feature Film
- Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy
- Optional Audio Commentary by Director Bill Condon
Check out the slideshow to see what the exclusives look like.
- Walmart - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Two-Movie Set with Part 1 - Extended Edition and Part 2, available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Release Date: May 2, 2013
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn "Always" Edition containing Part 1 Extended Edition DVD, Part 2 DVD and Blu-ray, and microSD of both films and music clips, plus mini sheet promotion premium, strap charm, photo cards set, film strip and Renesmee mini pendant all housed in a collectible box. Limited edition of 3,000 sets.
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn "Eternal" Edition containing Part 1 Extended Edition DVD, Part 2 DVD and Blu-ray, and microSD of both films and music clips, plus mini sheet promotion premium, strap charm, photo cards set, film strip, double suede cloth poster and Renesmee mini pendant all housed in a collectible jewelry box with photo frame cover. Limited edition of 1,000 sets.
Walmart exclusive 2-Movie DVD Set with Breaking Dawn: Part 1 Extended Edition and Part 2 (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.96 in-store, $22.96 online
Walmart exclusive 2-Movie Blu-ray Set with Breaking Dawn: Part 1 Extended Edition and Part 2 (includes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.96 in-store, $24.96
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.