Many Lancaster schools – including the School District of Lancaster – are on two hour delays today. Lancaster awoke under a fresh blanket of snow.
Lancaster County is under a Winter Weather Advisory. The National Weather Service (NWS) issued the Advisory until 10 a.m. today. The bulk of the snow is expected to fall during the morning commute hours.
Pennsylvania’s school bus laws (as per PennDOT)
- Drivers must stop when coming upon a stopped school bus with its red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended .
- Drivers must stop at least 10 feet from a stopped bus.
- Wait until the red lights have stopped and the extension bar has been retracted before continuing.
- If the road has painted lines, drivers must stop.
- If the bus is stopped at an intersection, you must stop regardless of whether or not you have a stop sign.
- You could face a 60 day suspension of your driver’s license.
- Five points could be placed on your license.
- You could face a $250 fine.
Upcoming Events & Information Request
Do you have an upcoming event or information that would interest the Lancaster community? If so, please email Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman at email@example.com.
Subscribe to get free, instant updates on preparedness on Examiner.com. If you would like to write on prepping issues affecting your community, please go to http://exm.nr/MzOl5q.