Leading by example and showing that it's better to give than to receive, Manekin, LLC and Manekin Construction, along with 73 subcontractors and vendors, raised $23,216 for charity at the company’s annual subcontractors party, according to Manekin Construction’s website.
The funds will support the following 26 non-profit organizations in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford, Howard and Washington counties, as well as Baltimore City and Central Maryland:
- American Cancer Society
- ARC of Howard County
- ARC of Northern Chesapeake
- Baptist Family Children Services
- Carroll County Food Sunday
- Carroll County Hospice
- Family & Children's Services of Central MD
- Grass Roots Crisis Intervention Center, Inc.
- Harford Family House, Inc.
- Health Care for the Homeless
- Hospice of Frederick
- Hospice of Howard County
- The House of Ruth
- Interfaith Community Food Pantry
- The Link-Up.Org – For Veterans
- Little Things for Cancer
- Maryland Food Bank
- Muscular Dystrophy Associates
- Reach Inc. Family Services
- Ronald McDonald House
- Salvation Army Baltimore Area
- Salvation Army Harford County
- Sarah's House
- Special Olympics of Howard County
- U Can Assistance Network
- Union Rescue Mission of Western MD
Twenty-nine years ago, Manekin hosted an event to thank its construction subcontractors who helped the company achieve success. The event was established in the name of Karen Dean, a Manekin employee who passed away in 1996.
Since then, the subcontractors’ party has become an annual event and has grown to become a Manekin party thanking all vendors company wide. The funds are collected and disbursed to non-profit organizations from the Karen Dean Memorial Fund. The cumulative amount raised is approximately $803,216.
“The subcontractors party represents part of a long history of giving back to the communities where we do business,” said Richard Alter, Manekin’s president and CEO.
“All parts of the company participate in community endeavors whether through the subcontractor’s party or individually through involvement in sponsored events such as internal fund raising lunches or contributions to the company’s United Way drive. I am proud and humbled by the generosity of the associates of Manekin.”
To learn more about Manekin Construction, visit their website.
Click here for more on Manekin, LLC.