Family members reported Marshall Aragon, 45, of Albuquerque, NM to authorities, after the man had choked their three-month-old Chihuahua to death when the tiny dog chewed on his couch, reports ABC 7 of Albuquerque.
After the incident, Aragon's daughter called the police and the family turned the deceased puppy's earlier buried body over to animal control. The examination found that the four-pound dog had had a broken leg and neck, as well as burst internal organs.
"I just think it's terrible, and you need to pay for what you do," an unnamed relative of Aragon's told the television network. Aragon allegedly told investigators, "All I saw was red and I did it."