A man and his dog were badly burned when a highly flammable tick spray ignited. According to a video report by GeoBeats, the Parkland, Florida resident's wife sprayed the dog with the tick repellent but shortly after, she saw a live tick crawling across the floor. She decided to try and kill it -- using a lighter (one of the only ways to kill a tick is by burning it). At that moment, the dog ran over to her and flames ignited.
The dog caught on fire immediately and the woman called for help. Her husband came running in, grabbed the dog, and jumped into the pool with him. The man had burns over 20% of his body -- but he was able to save the dog's life with his quick-thinking.
Fortunately, the man and his dog are both expected to be okay. The man is recovering at home and the dog is being taken care of at a local animal hospital. Check out the video above for more.
© Effie Orfanides 2014