Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Man contracts serious illness after getting pedicure

A man from D.C. contracted a very serious illness after getting a pedicure. According to a video report by GeoBeats, 63-year-old Bruce Walters went to a local nail salon while visiting Indiana. After what was a relaxing experience, Walters went home not thinking much about his appointment -- but within 10 days of his pedicure, his health deteriorated.

Walters became disoriented and came down with flu-like symptoms. He went to the hospital to get checked out and doctors discovered that he had an infection running through his blood. Walters' leg was the most infected part of his body, leading doctors to believe that the illness entered his body through his foot/leg at the nail salon.

Walters is lucky that doctors were able to save his limb. He spent three weeks at the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital where he underwent five surgeries. He is said to be doing "much better" now. No word on whether or not he contacted the nail salon to let them know what happened.

© Effie Orfanides 2014

Report this ad