A man and three dogs were found dead in an Oxford, Conn. home on Monday and it appears the deaths were due to carbon monoxide poisoning. According to the Oxford Patch on Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, a call came into emergency services around 1 p.m. on Monday afternoon reporting a death at 1 Silano Drive in Oxford.
Oxford Fire Chief Scott Pelletier said the deaths appear to be from carbon monoxide poisoning. Firefighters took the carbon monoxide readings which registered 1,200 parts per million, which could be fatal, according to Pelletier.
The investigation into the death of the man and the three dogs is still underway. On Monday firefighters turned off the furnace and ventilated the house by opening windows, making it safe for the authorities to enter the building for the investigation to take place. There is no word yet what the investigation has revealed so far.
While the name of the victim has not been released yet, the house at 1 Silano Drive is owned by Raymond Garrett, according to the Oxford land records. The land records also indicate that house is heated using propane fuel. According to Patch, “the source of the carbon monoxide had not been determined as of Monday afternoon.”
The Connecticut Post is reporting on Tuesday, Jan. 29, that officials do not know how long the man was dead before he was discovered. An autopsy is scheduled to find the cause of death. The authorities do not believe the man's death was due to a crime.