While Michael C. Star enjoyed Tuesday's Steve Miller Band and Cheap Journey concert at Bethel Woods; the former site of the Woodstock festival, Star's poodle was left in the parking lot in a vehicle with the windows rolled up, reported LoHud the Journal News.
Several concerned people approached New York State Troopers about the poodle who had been left in the car with no food or water. The outside temperature was reported to have been in the mid-80s.
Troopers were able to remove the dog named Milo from the vehicle; authorities then left a note on Star's car that the dog was in their custody. Lucky for Milo, the pooch seemed to be fine.
Star has been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and is to appear in court on June 30.
Just about everyday, there is an article in the paper, online, or television broadcast about the danger of leaving pets in cars. Death by overheating is extremely torturous and 100% avoidable.
Leave your pets at home!
If you would like to continue receiving the latest news on pet issues and how we can help those who cannot speak, please click the "Subscribe" icon.
Follow the National Pet Rescue Examiner on Facebook by clicking here. Please visit and "like" my page. You are welcome to submit story ideas by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.