Do you love pizza or dessert? Well, have you ever had a pizza for dessert? If not, then you are in for a real treat, literally. While sugary pizza may sound more than weird, there is really nothing odd about sweetening a neutral-tasting crust with sugary goodness, instead of, the usual bland flavor. If you have ever had a Nutella-filled crepe with or without fruit, then you should have a clue about how enticing this dessert pizza will be. Take my advice, this pizza pie is definitely sure to put a smile on everyone’s face, from adults all the way down to kids. Oh, and feel free to get artistic with the toppings, like using any nuts, dried coconut, chocolate chips, or fruit. Wow, this sounds like it will be delightful.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- One store-bought or prepared homemade pizza dough.
- Two tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- Half a cup of hazelnut-chocolate (or all chocolate) cream, Nutella, or you can even make it on your own
- One sliced banana
- One cup of sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling, optional
1. Place baking stone or pizza in oven if using. Heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring dough to the temperature of the room (it should approximately double in size) and on a well-floured surface, roll or stretch it out to a smooth ring.
3. Put strained dough onto pizza peel; if using a baking stone, move onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
4. Slather melted butter on top of dough, leaving about an inch around the edges naked for the crust. With a fork, dig holes all over the dough to stop it from bubbling up way too much.
5. Transfer dough to oven and bake about 10 minutes until the crust is brown and gold.
6. Take dough out of oven and gently slather some spread or Nutella on top, once more leaving a corner for the crust. Put the banana and strawberry slices on top. You should feel free to add any other toppings, such as pecans, dried coconut, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, or other fruits.
7. Place pizza back into the oven to cook for five minutes. Take the pizza out of the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. After this treat is complete, serve immediately.