Women and children first. This was one time when that usually humanitarian phrase was turned on its head. Amplifying on Kevin Whiteman’s chilling account of the violent terrorist siege of a mall in Nairobi, Kenya come new details this morning that reveal how bloodthirsty and inhumane the al-Shabaab terrorists were.
Mail Online writes:
Men, women and children were lined up and then gunned down with AK-47s after failing to name the Prophet Mohammed’s mother or recite passages from the Koran — sure-fire proof they were ‘kafirs’, or non-believers.
Others fled and sought refuge in shops, bank vaults and store rooms as grenades exploded and bullets fired around them.
The fortunate ones managed to emerge blood-splattered and terrified, with the wounded pushed out in shopping trolleys.
Many of the survivors cheated death by playing dead — oftentimes convincingly because clothing was blood-soaked, albeit not with their own blood.
Saadia Ahmed, described as a “radio presenter,” was one of the survivors. She told The Mail:
If they had found me… I’m white, so I’m dead. They’re not even going to think twice. They hate your skin colour. I witnessed a few people get up and say something in Arabic and the gunmen let them go.
A colleague of mine said he was Muslim and recited something in Arabic and they let him go as well.
[But] I saw a lot of children and elderly people being shot dead. I don’t understand why you would shoot a five-year-old child.
They were firing at random at anyone who tried to escape.
Kamal Kaur, who had been shopping with her family, managed to escape the ordeal. When she returned home, she recorded her impressions of the ordeal in a spate of grisly tweets that included the following:
I just washed my hair and wailed like a child. Blood in my hair. Not mine. That little boy who died right next to me…
My son almost had his head blown off. Missed by an inch. Hit wall. Bounced and killed the little boy next to him.
Among the fatalities were relatives Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenya’s president. He released the video shown here (scroll to bottom of page):
- Canadian diplomat among dead in ‘Kenya’s 9/11’
- Three Americans among Kenyan mall terrorists
- National Park Service produces videos praising Islam’s contributions to women’s rights
- TN HS students take field trip to mosque, receive Koran
- Boston school recites Muslim poem instead of Pledge of Allegiance on anniversary of 9/11
- Syrian rebels slash throat of Christian, taunts fiancée ‘Jesus didn’t save him’
- Saudi imam rapes, tortures, murders 5-yr-old daughter because he ‘doubted her virginity’
- Afghan honor killing: Man shoots wife for going to market without his permission
- 8-year-old Yemeni bride dies of injuries sustained during wedding night rape
- Women and sharia courts
- Still think Obama doesn’t love sister-enslaving-Sharia Islamists?
- Muslim Brotherhood: Women to blame for the rise in gang rapes