When you tell the kids lets do some science, the room can fill with silence or possibly a groan. The idea that science can be fun is a popular one with many kids. Science can be difficult, scary and hard work. Thames and Kosmos offers a variety of science kits that makes science a fun, exciting subject that everyone can enjoy.
For many kids, chemistry is a mixture of jumbled letters, difficult equations, and general difficulty. To make this subject more approachable, kids need to see how chemistry and the chemistry experiments occur in daily life. When kids see that chemistry occurs all around them, this difficult subject becomes fun, playful and engaging.
The Thames and Kosmos Beginner Level Chemistry set offers 75 experiments that are easy to perform and understand. With a 40 page manual, kids and caregivers can start with easier experiments and build their confidence. All the tools to success are included in the kit.
Here are some of the experiments that can be performed.
- Test the inks from your colored markers on the chromatography racetrack to reveal their different color components.
- Learn how to use certain chemicals reactions to paint an American Flag that appears out of nowhere.
- Float a soap-powered boat to learn about the surface tension of water
- Build a mini fire extinguisher and make water flow uphill in experiments with air pressure.
- Identify the elements in different chemical substances with dazzling colors in flame tests.
The Thames and Kosmos Beginner Chemistry Set is recommended for ages 10 and older. Adult supervision is recommended. Safety items are provided in the set. This item retails for approximately $64.99.
Create a love of science for the new year. Put a Thames and Kosmos Chemistry Set under the tree.