Almost everyone has a talent or hobby that they could use as almost a second job to make money on the side. Some of these include music, art, crafts, jewelry design, photography, hair stylist, handyman, cooking or baking and more. I've listed some ideas below for a few of the talents. Some I take part in myself.
- Form a cover band
- Write and record songs to sell
- Teach voice or instrument lessons
- Sell paintings, drawings, sculpture or other art
- Teach a class in your specialty
- Commission portraits or other works
- Start a catering business part time
- Hire yourself out as a personal chef
- Sell baked goods out of your house
- Teach others to cook or bake
Not only can you use these to make money but you can also open your own business which has several tax benefits. Between the extra cash and the tax deductions you'll notice that you're slowly getting richer. Of course the trade off here is your time and sometimes additional education.