Heads-up, local authors! Here's a perfect opportunity to step up your game in 2013. "Making It in Changing Times" is a one day writers conference that will be held from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm on January 26th in SE Portland. This is one conference packed full of useful information. Classes include:
- An Editor's Wish List by local author/developmental editor Jessica Morrell
- Kick Start Your Writing in 2013 by local author/coach Gigi Rosenberg
- 10 Signs You're Telling Not Showing by Jessica Morrell
- Unraveling the World of Amazon Publishing: From Ebooks to Print on Demand to a Traditional Book Contract by best-selling author Deborah Reed
- Immersed in Books: Building Your Literary Life by local author/publisher Kevin Sampsell
- Q & A Panel Discussion: Risk It to Get Published with Jessica Morrell, Deborah Reed, and Kevin Sampsell
Award-winning author Lidia Yuknavitch is the designated keynote speaker. Her topic will be The Worth of Risk.
"Making It in Changing Times" takes place at Tabor Space, Muir Hall, 5441 SE Belmont, Portland, OR. The conference includes a continental breakfast, catered lunch, workshops, and keynote address. Cost is only $99. To register, please contact Jessica Morrell at email@example.com or 503-287-2150.