During the winter months, you may experience an unexpected snow day and have to stay home from work with kids. Dads share in this duty as well and may need ideas to occupy the kids. More fathers are acting as a stay-at-home dads, while mom works outside the house. Boy Scout troops and other dad-lead groups may need more craft ideas. Being creative with dad is a way for kids to bond with their father. Finding activities that also interest men can be more challenging, however. Below are a few ideas.
- Lowe's Build & Grow Lowe's Build & Grow program at wooden kits to be done in store or can be taken home to build.
- This Buzzfeed article has many clever ideas that may appeal to the guys and be easy enough for kids, such as sharpie decorated mugs, photo mounted on a wood slab, wire crafts and glow in the dark snow globe lanterns.
- The blogger, Dollar Store Crafts has a series called Man Crafts.
- Clinton Kelly has a segment on The Chew called Craft Corner, as well as a Pinterest board you can follow for continual ideas.
- Craftaholics Anonymous has 34 Cool Crafts for Boys that I'm sure dads and daughters will enjoy as well.
The blog, All Dad Pro, says this of creativity, "Children that are involved in the arts boost their brain power, learn discipline, improve their memories, build confidence and have an outlet to express their emotions and feelings. In our fast-paced, technology-driven world, these qualities can get passed over." Certainly great reasons for dads to make fun stuff with their kids.
To read more of my articles, follow me on Facebook. www.facebook.com/SpokaneArtsCraftsExaminer