Intro: Zucchini banana bread represents the fusion of two of the sweet breads we all love so much. Making banana bread with zucchini has never been easier with this recipe. It doesn't require a lot of steps from start to finish and still manages to taste delicious. Finally, if you're stumped about how to grate zucchini for bread, stay tuned for some tips.
For Other Delicious Bread and Roll Recipes, Read the Articles Below:
- Easy cinnamon roll recipe for Christmas breakfast: Why it's good for you!
- What Cinderella should have done with her pumpkins: 5 pumpkin bread recipes
Making Banana Bread: Healthy Ways to Get Some Important Nutrients
After you read the headline for this article, it's likely that you wondered if you could actually eat zucchini banana bread without the guilt. But with this zucchini banana bread recipe you can do just that. Not only do you get the vitamins and minerals from the bananas, nuts and zucchini in this recipe, you also give your body the extra goodness of multi-grains.
Here are just a few of Zucchini Banana Bread Benefits:
- From the multi-grains, you'll get both protein and complex carbs. The carbs in particular will give you lots and lots and lots of energy, which allows you to exercise better and lose weight.
- The proteins in the grains help your body rebuild and repair tissues and help fight off sickness.
- From the bananas, zucchini and the grains, your body will get a much needed dose of fiber to keep your digestive track healthy and happy, and the ground-breaking book, "The Second Brain" points out, a healthy tummy is key to avoiding all kinds of diseases.
- The bananas can help you overcome depression, prevent muscle cramps during workouts and reduce swelling in the body.
- Zucchini can assist your body in reducing cholesterol and help your body fight off cancer.
- The walnuts come with plenty of omeg-3 fatty acids to keep your heart and circulatory system healthy and humming.
- The recipe can be adapted to be gluten-free.
Yeah, the Recipe Might Be Healthy, But I Still Don't Know How to Grate Zucchini for the Bread
Glad you mentioned this! The video tutorial at the top of the page will give you plenty of tips about how to grate zucchini for the bread. However, the biggest tip that the video gives you is to use an ordinary box grater to get the job done.
You should be making this banana bread recipe in no time!
Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1 bag uncooked (gluten-free) Minute® Multi-Grain Medley
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 lightly beaten large eggs
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 grated zucchini (medium-sized)
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- 2 c. baking mix (gluten-free can be an option)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees ahead of time and prepare the bread pan with cooking spray.
- Make the Multi-Grain as the package instructs.
- Take out a large bowl and whisk together the banana, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in the Multi-Grain mix plus the oil, vanilla, milk, grated zucchini -- about 1 1/2 cups of it -- and the nuts.
- Add in baking mix.
- Stir all the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the bread pan.
- Bake the healthy zucchini banana bread recipe for 45 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean when it's done.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then take it out of the pan and put it on a cooling rack.
- You'll get one loaf.
Tips for Keeping the Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe Healthy:
- Go easy on the butter. Allow yourself to have some, but adding too much of it will add calories that you may not want.
Mmmmm! Can't you almost smell how delicious making banana bread with zucchini can be? Me, too!
If you loved this gluten-free, healthy banana bread recipe, please feel free to share the URL link at the top via email or social with others who might benefit from it.