At last night's Met Gala, the iconic Charles James couture dress code was perfectly offset by show-stopping makeup looks. Desperate to recreate some of our favorite looks, we turned to the experts of glo Minerals and Palladio to get how-to's and tips to DIY (red carpet not included).
Cara’s Smoky Eye and Statement Brow
- Start by shading the lid with the glō minerals’ Jeweled Eye Pencil in Bark. This should go up to the crease before you blend it out with a brush to achieve a soft, smoky effect.
- Then, apply glō minerals’ Precision Eye Pencil in black both above the lash line and inside the upper and lower waterline. Its water resistant formula will give it staying power and the antioxidants that are added help keep the liner safe for even the most sensitive eyes.
- To get Cara’s famously full brows, start by lightly filling out any sparse or light areas with the Palladio Herbal Brow Pencil. After blending thoroughly, set the brow with a clear gel like Palladio’s Herbal Brow Gel to prevent any out-of-place hairs and add a touch of shine.
- Complete the eye with a lush coating of mascara to add drama and length.
Beyoncé’s Gothic Lip and Bronzed Eye
- Always the queen of glam, Beyoncé went for a deep berry lip to go with her Givenchy ensemble. This look can be tricky, but with the right preparation, you can attain a perfect pout. Start by exfoliating your lips and prep them using the Palladio Herbal Perfecting Lip Liner.
- Then, follow the liner with a dark garnet lipstick with a glossy finish. Try Palladio's Tahiti Plum to get the dramatic look.
- In order to not overdo it, keep your eyes simple by sweeping a shimmery bronzer over the cheeks and eyelids for a subtle and glowing look.
Lupita’s Lilac Eye Look
- For a colored eye, reach for a multifunctional product, like Palladio’s Herbal Eyeshadow Quad in Spellbound. Start by using the lightest shade – a shimmering, pigmented lilac – over the lid to build a strong color. Gently blend some of the same color on the lower lash line.
- Then darken and add intensity by sweeping a pale lavender-tinged shimmer that will subtly highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye.
- Finish the overall look with a pink cheek to add glow and a peachy hued gloss to the lip.
Taylor’s Classic Red Lip/Winged Eye Combo
- Channel the old school glamour of the event with a signature red lip. For this look, a matte shade is critical. Try Palladio’s High intensity Herbal Lip Balm in Red Rush.
- Then, complete the look with a classic winged eye. Try not to be intimidated by liquid liner, glō minerals’ Graphic Liner has the convenience of a felt tip marker, making it easier to handle. Use the precise tip of the pen for the narrowest line near the inner corner and for the wing, and the side of the pen to build the liner outwards.
- Finish with a few strokes of mascara to complete the look.