Time has come to wave goodbye to summer. The new color season is underway and here is a must have list for fall/winter 2013-2014. The question is always, what to keep and what to replace. How long do products last? There is no definite answer. Here are some suggestions to maintain your makeup bag.
• Mascara and liquid eyeliner: Be diligent in replacing these items every 3-4 months. It will to prevent contamination and infections.
• Eye and lip pencils: Sharpen them before each use and they will last years.
• Perfume Stash it away in a cool, dark place.
• Sunscreen: Check the package for an expiration date.
• Deodorant: 2 years unopened.
• Foundation: 1 year- never use fingers due to contamination.
• Nail polish: One year.
• Hairstyling products: 3-5 years on alcohol-based products
• Bar soap: 3 years unopened.
The shelf life of your cosmetics vary from product to product. Most products have an expiration date printed on the packaging. Take a small dot size label and date when the product is opened. This removes all question as to the date. When in doubt, it is always best to check with the manufacturer.