Valentine’s Day is almost here and although you may want to lavish that special someone in your life with an endless amount of gifts, you may not have the financial means to do so. Have no fear, not all hope is lost. There are plenty of other things you can do to show your significant other that you care without depleting your bank account in the process. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Make a picture collage or scrapbook with photos in chronological order that showcase your relationship or make one using photos from special moments within your relationship.
- Create an at-home spa by preparing a basket filled with spa goodies. Fill a basket with bubble bath, facial mask, body scrub, loofa, body lotion, bath pillow and candles. Be sure to check out the dollar store because you should be able to find most of those items there, if not all of them.
- Write out “I love you because….” messages and put them into balloons. Blow up the
- Balloons and put them all throughout your house.
- Write love messages on the mirrors throughout the house using a dry erase marker and/or write a secret message with a bar of soap.
- Make the entire day about your loved one. Do all the things they like to do, listen to their favorite music (maybe even make them a CD or playlist) and give them all of their favorite foods, snacks and desserts.
- If you’re married, take the time to write new and updated wedding vows. To keep it interesting, make it funny in addition to being romantic.
- Research how to say “I love you” in different languages and either tell your valentine or write them down and find various ways to surprise them with it.
- Is there a movie your honey has been wanting to see that you haven’t? It's the perfect day to show them how much you care by watching it with them. Don’t forget to bring their favorite candy.
Valentine’s Day is all about how much you love your valentine and how special they are to you. How you go about doing so isn’t as important as you actually doing so. How do you go about making Valentine’s Day special for your love? If so, we’d love to hear about them.
Feel free to contact me at Leanette@TeachMe2Save.com