We all make mistakes. Some of these can stay with us for a really, really long time. Hair and make-up are 2 things women all over feel strongly about. Most won’t even step out of their homes without applying their standard make-up. Here’s a look at some of these make-up mistakes you should definitely not be making.
1) Getting lipstick on your teeth: Bright red lips are great on your lips. When they get on your teeth, however, it’s an entirely different story. Avoid this mistake by creating an ‘o’ with your lips once you’ve applied your lipstick and stick your finger in your mouth and pull it out. That’ll take the excess lipstick with it and you won’t get any on your teeth.
2) Wearing non-waterproof mascara: A rookie mistake. Not because you’re going to start crying, but because you might perspire and that could make your mascara run. Always spring for waterproof mascara.
3) Caking on face powder: You might want to set your makeup with face powder once you’ve finished applying it. But don’t forget to blot it to remove some of the excess powder. You don’t want your face to glow, not shine.
4) Not applying false eyelashes properly: While we all want long, fluttering eyelashes, you need to be careful about making sure your false eyelashes are stuck on properly. Otherwise false eyelashes can look spidery and clumpy.
5) Using too much bronzer for contouring: If you’re thinking about contouring your face like a celebrity, go easy on the bronzer. Too much of it will make you look like you’ve spent way too much time in the sun.
6) Attempting well-defined eyebrows: There’s a fine line between thick, well-defined eyebrows and bushy, unplucked ones. Make sure you tweeze all the stray hairs to avoid looking shabby.