Impress your Super Bowl guests by serving them these decadent cupcakes topped with yummy strawberry footballs. This is a fun baking project that the whole family can get involved in.
- Cupcake tin
- Cupcake mix and foils
- White icing
- Wax paper
- Milk chocolate chips
- Follow the box directions for preparing the cupcake mix. Put the cupcake foils in the cups. Fill each foil about 3/4 full with batter. Follow the baking directions on the cupcake box. Poke a toothpick in the middle of the cupcakes, if it pulls out clean, they are done. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Put a toothpick at the top, center of each strawberry.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave for approximately one minute, or until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate, then place it on the wax paper. Wait until the chocolate cools and hardens before doing the next step.
- Dip a toothpick into the white icing. Draw a line down the center of each strawberry. Draw a couple a lines across this line so that it resembles football lacing.
- Place a football strawberry on the top, center of each cupcake.
Decorating and Serving Tips
- Make Super Bowl team flags for the cupcakes. Cut small square pieces of paper. Write the team you are routing for on each paper, then glue it to the top of a toothpick. Stick this flag in the top, side of each cupcake.
- Use a three tier stand to serve the Super Bowl cupcakes. It is a great way to showcase and present your cupcakes.
- Place some faux grass across a flat tray. Place the cupcakes on the tray. This a fun, whimsical way to serve your strawberry football cupcakes to your Super Bowl guests.
The City Market, Onion Co-op in Burlington, Vermont, located at 82 S. Winooski Avenue, is a great place to get the supplies needed to make these Super Bowl cupcakes.