All throughout the greater Atlanta area there are small grocers specializing in the foods of a certain nationality or culture, such as Italian, oriental or Middle-Eastern. These booming ethnic markets are able to provide rare products that are usually found outside of the United States. Many immigrants patronize these establishments to find the ingredients needed to make the food they grew up loving. These shops also serve as gathering places for each culture to connect and share with one another.
In these challenging economic times it's imperative that we support these small businesses to ensure they remain available to us. Importantly, by supporting these markets, we also save alot of money by making their popular dishes @home.
Whether it's Lo Mein Noodles, Fried Rice, Egg Foo Young or Bar-B-Q Spare Ribs, you can make these wonderful dishes yourself. All you need are the recipes which can be found all over the internet plus the location of your local Asian grocer.
I don't come from a Chinese background but I enjoy Chinese food both at home and outside of home. There is a comfort that I feel when I eat Chinese food or any type of Asian cuisine for that matter. I've eaten an endless amount of Chinese food and I am learning how to make them for myself. This ensures I'm both supporting local Asian supermarkets while saving a little money in the process. It's the best of both worlds!
Check out these wonderful Atlanta based Asian grocers that have everything you need to make delicious Asian cuisine @home.
1. Doc Chey's Asian Kitchen doccheys.com 404) 888-0777 - 1424 N Highland Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA
2. D & J Market sweetauburncurbmarket.com (404) 522-0973 -209 Edgewood Ave Se, Atlanta, GA
3. Hsu's Gourmet hsus.com (404) 659-2788 - 192 Peachtree Center Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA
4. Real Chow Baby therealchowbaby.com (404) 815-4900 - 1016 Howell Mill Rd Nw, Atlanta, GA
5. Didi Asian Market (404) 254-2428- 4748 Memorial Dr, Decatur, GA
& Click Here for easy Asian recipes!