This is a guide on how to make extra cash during the holidays. We are all gifted with a special talent. Whatever your talent is, you can cash in during the holidays.
First think about what you are good at. Next, create your marketing plan. Its only a few weeks before Christmas, so you don't have much time. Your marketing plan should consist of fliers to pass out to family & friends, social media, and word of mouth. I have provided a few ideas below to help you get your creative juices flowing.
A few ideas to make extra money during Christmas:
- Drawings and paintings. You can offer to make a drawing of a favorite family portrait or individual drawings. A drawing packaged nicely would make a great and thoughtful gift. You can offer the packaging as well which may include a frame.
- Ornaments: Personalized ornaments can be used year after year and make great gifts. I use ornaments with my family that my mom used on our tree as a child growing up.
- Entertainer: So you think you can sing? Offer entertainment packages to people throwing holiday parties. This can include family parties, mall locations, etc.
- Holiday Photos: Offer Christmas photo packages. Call local photographers to find out pricing and make your packages competitive. Offer a fast turnaround. Photos make a good addition to any Christmas gift.
- Catered food: Offer to cater food for upcoming holiday parties. Offer samples beforehand.
- Specialty Cakes, pies, and desserts: This is a perfect time for specialty desserts. Offer samples to those you know. People may offer to order a cake or two for their upcoming holiday party.
What I've listed is only a few ideas. Don't be shy. You never know what started out as just a hobby could end up becoming something big. Don't be afraid to take risks and don't get discouraged by those who turn you down. There is always a yes out there. Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!