The kids and family will love these fall cupcakes, which are two desserts in one. If you are doing any fall entertaining, these pumpkin cookie cupcakes are the perfect dessert choice. This is a great weekend baking project to do with your kids.
Autumn Pumpkin Cookie Cupcakes
- Cake mix
- Sugar cookie mix
- Pumpkin cookie cutter
- 2 cans of vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- Foil cupcake baking cups
- Candy corn
- Make your cake batter by following the directions on the box.
- Place a foil cup in each cup of your muffin tin.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with cake batter.
- Follow the baking instructions on the cake box. Check the cupcakes approximately every 20 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of each cupcake, if it pulls out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, then place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Make a border of candy corn around the outer edges of each cupcake.
- Make your sugar cookie dough by following the directions on the box.
- Roll out your dough. Cut pumpkin shapes from your dough with your cookie cutter.
- Follow the baking directions on the cookie box.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, then put them on a wire rack to cool.
- Put some frosting in a bowl. Add a couple of drops of orange food coloring. Stir.
- Frost each pumpkin cookie.
Assembling the Cupcakes
Place a pumpkin cookie upright on the top, center of each cupcake. If you need to stabilize the cookie to keep it upright, place some more frosting around the bottom of the pumpkin cookie.
Place a tiered plate of cupcakes on a fall tablecloth. Wrap a vine of fall berries around the stem of the bottom plate for a stunning autumn dessert display that is sure to impress.