If you are having a St. Patrick's Day party, then this dessert is a must-have for your celebration. Lollipop cookies and gold coins are the main pieces of your pot of gold edible centerpiece. This is a great baking project to do with the kids.
Edible Pot of Gold Centerpiece
- Wide top black dish
- Piece of floral foam
- Lollipop sticks
- Sugar cookie dough
- Shamrock cookie cutter
- Vanilla frosting
- Green food dye
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Green food glitter
- 2 bags of chocolate covered gold coins
- Roll out your sugar cookie dough. Cut out two dozen shamrocks from the dough with your cookie cutter.
- Follow the package directions for baking your cookies. Sugar cookies usually come out best baked at 350 degrees for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, carefully slide a lollipop stick at the bottom of each cookie. Let cool.
- Put the vanilla frosting in a small bowl. Add a few drops of green food coloring to the frosting. Mix.
- Sprinkle some food glitter into the frosting. Mix.
- Frost each cookie.
Assembling the Edible Pot of Gold Arrangement
- Glue the foam to the center of the black dish.
- Stick your shamrock lollipop cookies into the foam so that it forms a full centerpiece.
- Sprinkle the gold coins throughout the bowl and lollipops.
- Place this edible St. Patrick's Day arrangement on a lace tablecloth. Sprinkle gold coins around the bottom of the dish.
- Display this edible centerpiece on a St. Patrick's Day tablecloth. Frame it with vases filled with dyed green water. Place a green carnation in each vase. This makes a beautiful dessert arrangement for you St. Patrick's Day festivities.
The Michaels store is located at 861 Williston Road in South Burlington, Vermont. It is an affordable place to get all the supplies needed to make this St. Patrick's Day edible centerpiece.