Making time to bake many different desserts as well as cook a huge meal can be quite stressful. Here is a recipe that creates a pumpkin pie that doesn’t require baking. That alone is a huge time saver. What else is wonderful is that you can make this pie ahead of time and keep it in the freezer until you are ready to serve it up for the holidays.
- 1 cup of canned pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2/3 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin along with the corn syrup, spices and nuts together.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is combined fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Add the pumpkin pie mixture into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Place the pumpkin pie in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Allow the pie to sit for 15 minutes to get to room temperature before serving.
- This no-bake make ahead pie can be frozen for up to 2 months.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: