This lettuce, onion, vegetable and egg salad wrap, also called the L.O.V.E. wrap, is a nice change from the regular egg salad sandwich on white or wheat. If you do not have chives, try substituting fresh or dried dill weed. Just a pinch or two will add plenty of flavor to the egg salad.
This wrap sandwich travels well to work or school. Pack up the egg salad, onion, lettuce and red pepper in small zip-locking sandwich or snack bags or small, airtight containers, and the tortilla can be wrapped up in foil or plastic wrap
L.O.V.E wrap sandwich recipe
Ingredients for the L.O.V.E wrap:
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and shells removed, white separated from the yolks
- 4 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, 8 to 10-inch or whole wheat lavash
- 1 medium to large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 12 thin slices red onion
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into pieces (about ½ cup)
How to make the L.O.V.E. wrap:
- From the hard-boiled eggs, dice 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (save 4 egg yolks for another use) and put into a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and stir with a fork, mashing somewhat for desired consistency. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Place wrap bread on a plate and spread the egg salad in the middle. Top with the peppers, onion slices and the lettuce. Fold into a wrap sandwich. Yield: 4 servings L.O.V.E. wrap sandwiches.
©Rachael Monaco All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. The first two sentences may be reposted with a link back to the original article.