The Makani Kai Grill & Bar is located on the lower level of the shopping complex, which is situated just across from the famous Banyan Tree on Front Street. It's a casual, open-air restaurant that is quickly becoming popular with both visitors to Maui and locals living on the island.
Pupus include Kai Coconut Shrimp, Mac Nut Coconut Calamari Strips, Ahi Dip with Sweet Potato Chips, Asian Fusion Wings, and a Pupu Platter with a little bit of everything. With locally-made draft beer, bottle beer, and several wines available at reasonable prices, it's no wonder the Makani Kai Grill & Bar is attracting a large crowd.
For lunch and dinner, there's a wide selection of salads, sandwiches, burgers and island plates with fresh fish and Kalbi ribs. The Makani Kai Grill & Bar is becoming recognized for their fish tacos, and they offer a children's (keiki) menu that will accomodate families with small children.
If you're walking Front Street in Lahaina and feel the urge for good food at some of the island's best prices, stop at the Makani Kai Grill & Bar. It's a fun environment with a lovely water fountain, and there's often live music performing on a small stage.
658 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
The Wharf Cinema Center is located on Front Street in the town of Lahaina on the west side of Maui. Take Hwy. 30 (Honoapiilani Road) and turn toward the ocean on Dickenson Street or Prison Street. There is ample paid parking on Dickenson Street after you go through the first stop sign. There is also parking on the backside of the shopping center, but it's a one-way street. The Makani Kai Grill & Bar is located on the lower level of the large shopping complex, located directly across from the famous Banyan Tree.
- Have lunch or dinner either before or after shopping on Front Street, and some of West Maui's best shopping bargains are located within the shopping complex.
- Visit The Baldwin Home Museum next door and take a look at missionary life in a Hawaiian village.
- After lunch or dinner, stop at Ululani's Shave Ice for an island tradition.
- Look for Hawaii Fudge Company along Front Street for Hawaii's best chocolate and fudge.
Tripadvisor Reviews give a good insight into what others think of Makani Kai Island Grill & Bar.
Yelp also provides comments and reviews of customer's experience at Makani Kai Island Grill & Bar.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.