Rockford Products was formed in 1929 as Rockford Screw, with a total of 16 employees, in a 12,000 ft, factory. They manufactured cold formed components at the time.
The Maintenance Engineer would report to the Plant Manager. The position would repair a wide variety of complex production and tool room machines, including the ability to rebuild and overhaul an entire CNC machine.
Duties and Responsibilities: Will consist of, but not limited to the following:
- Major equipment evaluation, installation, including plant wiring and problem diagnosis.
- Perform repairs and PM to equipment and facility as needed including starting machine/equipment following repairs to test operation.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts on machines.
- Realign and adjust components, locate damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machines.
- Complete benchwork, rebuilding transfers, drilling and tapping, replacing bearings, laying out work.
- Repair of plant machinery and equipment including electrical.
- Provide a safe and orderly work environment, properly report injuries or unsafe work practices.
- Adhere and uphold Company policies as described in the Associate handbook.
- Follow all procedures as they pertain to this position.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This job has responsibilities for maintenance personnel.
Education and/or Experience:
A certificate from a college or technical school or five to seven years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and combination of education and experience.
Resonable proficiency in English, reading, speaking and writing. Ability to write, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professionals and technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commisions and volume. All mathematical skills as needed to perform necessary algebra and geometry.
There are physical demands that have to be performed as needed.
Rockford Products, LLC - Human Resources, 707 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61104, or (815) 397 - 6000