It's been a really busy week for "Magic: The Gathering." Players are nearing the end of the week two in spoilers for the upcoming core set, Magic 2015. Just announced earlier this week was that "Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers" became available for pre-purchase for PC via Steam.
As some of you may already know, Magic teamed up with some of the premiere designers of the video game industry. Here is the full list of designers and the cards they designed that will be in the next core set, M15.
- Spirit Bonds - Justin Gary
- Warden of the Beyond - Isaiah Cartwright
- Chasm Skulker* - Mike Neumann
- Master of Predicaments - David Sirlin
- Cruel Sadist* - Edmund McMillen
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled - Brad Muir
- Xathrid Slyblade* - Rob Pardo
- Aggressive Mining* - Notch
- Goblin Kaboomist* - Stone Librande
- Genesis Hydra* - George Fan
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard - Brian Fargo
- Avarice Amulet* - Penny Arcade
- Hot Soup* - James Ernst
- Shield of the Avatar - Richard Garriott
- Waste Not - Magic community
Those with asterisks next to their name will be included in the upcoming version of "Duels of the Planeswalkers." This should be one of the best versions of the game thus far. The artworks looks like it has taken leaps and bounds compared to previous versions of the game.
Unfamiliar with who some of these people are? Don't worry, here is a small excerpt from the press release earlier today, "These playable cards were conceived by some of the brilliant, creative minds behind popular games, including George Fan (Plants vs. Zombies), Notch (Minecraft), and Rob Pardo (World of Warcraft), with each infusing their own personal flavor into the cards’ designs."
"Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers" will be released July 16. In addition to Steam, Duels with be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, iPad, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon App Store. Steam users click here for more details.