The Madison County Sheriff’s Office reported today, Monday, July 7, the arrests of five individuals the previous week. Two of these individuals were charged with felony offenses – Shawn Lee Daniels, 37, of Orange was arrested Thursday and charged with larceny greater than $200 and obtaining money, etc. by false pretense; Joann Lamb Merryman, 45, of Aroda was also arrested Thursday and was charged with grand larceny and obtaining money by false pretenses.
(Editor’s note: The following public record information, reported July 7 by the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, lists individuals arrested/issued summonses in Madison County, Va. Viewers are reminded that an “arrest” does not necessarily mean that someone was physically taken into custody, nor does it necessarily indicate guilt. Readers are further reminded that more than one person can have the same name.)
>> JUNE 30-JULY 6, 2014:
• July 3 -- Mary Louise Jackson, 41, River Road, Pembroke, contempt of court.
• July 3 -- Shawn Lee Daniels, 37, Constitution Highway, Orange, obtaining money, etc. false pretense; larceny greater than $200.
• July 3 – Joann Lamb Merryman, 45, Elly Road, Aroda, obtaining money by false pretenses; grand larceny.
• July 4 – Karla Bethsaida Melara, 24, Old Centreville Road, Manassas Park, contempt of court.
• July 4 -- Rebecca Moore, 53, Shotwell Road, Ruckersville, public swearing or intoxication.
-- Source: Madison County Sheriff’s Office