Macy’s on State Street’s cosmetic department is undergoing a renovation to provide a superior shopping experience for its three core customers- the career professional, the tourist and the city resident. The department features new technology, new cosmetic lines, and an open-selling atmosphere. The overall renovation took place in two phases, the first phase being completed in September 2013 and the final phase concluding in the Spring of 2014. Exciting special upcoming events and experiences await customers on Friday, September 20th and Saturday, September 21st from 12 noon to 6:00 p.m.
This was such a wonderful cosmetic event held here in Chicago! I felt like a child during the holidays or Halloween…getting a bag of all your favorite candy! This was surely a makeup artist’s dream. There were so many wonderful cosmetic lines to explore. There were over 35+ cosmetic lines and many fragrances represented. I received a bag of samples, full-sized products and the like. Some beauty products included, but not limited to: Estee Lauder, Ingot, Tarte, Urban Decay, Stila, Benefit, Clarins, Smashbox, Clinique, Philosophy, Lancôme, Elizabeth Arden, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, bareEscentuals/bareMinerals, Michael Kors- Sporty Citrus, Sexy Amber, and Glam Jasmine fragrance samples.
State Street Macy’s has a 26,000+square foot beauty department featuring 40 cosmetic lines and 69 fragrances including the new Impulse area which encumbrances 3,400 square feet (the largest in the country), an open-sell space of niche beauty brands, skincare and hair care products.
• Clinique is featuring a “Service As You Like It” Concept counter that has Story-Telling Units, Skin Diagnostic iPads, a Colour Bar with Tease Toys and Browsing Baskets; and their Consultation Station, can be set up as a beauty bar for private parties.
• Ignot- which offers the Ignot Freedom System- this concept provides interchangeable powder, blush and eyeshadows so the customer can purchase only the colors they want and a cost they can afford.
• Michael Kors color- an exclusive to Macy’s for one year. Michael Kors believes that women have 3 aspects to their personality…sometimes sporty, always sexy and never afraid to be Glam. The new color series include a parfum spray, lip lacquer, lip luster, nail lacquer, and bronze powder in three color pallets.
• Benefit features services found in their free-standing boutiques including brow tinting, full-body spray tan, and body waxing-which for the busy professional can be done over a lunch hour.
• Additional new cosmetic lines include: Bliss, Blow Pro, Butter London, Carol’s Daughter, Shiseido, Fashion Fair, Fresh, MAC, Nars, Origins, Essie, Lea Journo, Oscar Blandi, Peter Thomas Roth, R-3 Micro, Tan Towel (travel size), Too Faced, and Tweezerman.
I would like to extend a sincere “Thank You” to the Macy’s Team for inviting me to your Renovation Cosmetic Preview event. Also, thanks to all of the professional makeup artists, regional educators and sales associates which did an amazing job speaking and demonstrating the extraordinaire product features and uses.
To all of my readers, if you are not busy on this Friday and Saturday the 20th and the 21st…definitely attend the grand opening celebration. There will be free mini-facials and hand massages given during the event. Many of the cosmetic lines will be doing a gift with purchases such as Estee Lauder, Clinique, Origins, Philosophy, Shiseido, Lancôme, Benefit and Bobbi Brown.
• Macy’s on State Street is the second largest department store in the world and is recognized as a National Historic Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
• The Tiffany Ceiling (5th Floor) hanging over the cosmetics department was installed in 1907, contains over 1.6 million pieces and is the largest unbroken example of Tiffany Favrile glass in the world.
• The most recent renovation to the beauty department was in 2002.
About Macy's Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc., delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Macy's flagship stores including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California are known internationally and leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, and with the collective support of customers, employees and Macy's Foundation, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $70 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.