On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank. Here’s a look at what else you can do at the Gallery this Friday, September 5th.
· Family Fun Tour – free for all visitors at 11 a.m.
· Toddler Art Class – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for kids ages 3 to 4 with a parent, guardian or caregiver – free for members, $10 for non-members.
· Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1 to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – free for members and $10 for non-members.
· Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
· Story Art Time – program is free to all visitors at 2:30 p.m.
· What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
· Drop-In Art Activity for Families – 5 to 7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
· Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the AK Café with the Bates/White Project.
· Performance with Young Audiences WNY: Dramatic Solutions and The Wondermakers: “World of Wonders” – free performance at 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
· AK Contemporary: Sol LeWitt - 7:30 p.m. in the Auditorium. Features a lecture entitled “Sol LeWitt: The Art of Conceptual” led by Curator of Education and Community Engagement Jessica DePalma, followed by the viewing of the 2014 film Sol LeWitt at 8 p.m. Free for members, $5 for non-members.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org