On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank. Here’s a look at what else you can do at the Gallery this Friday, January 4th.
- Homeschooler Art Classes – 10:30 a.m. to noon for students ages 5 to 10, 10 a.m. to noon for students ages 11 to 17 – free for members, $30 for non-members (three sessions, January through March).
- Toddlers Art Class – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for ages 3 to 4 – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1 to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – free for members and $10 for non-members.
- What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m. led by Associate Curator of Education Nancy Spector.
- Artist-hosted Art Activity for Families – 5 to 7 p.m. with Artist-in-Resident Dennis Maher.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the AK Café.
- Performance with Young Audience WNY – 6 p.m. in the Auditorium featuring the Elizabeth Clark Dance Ensemble.
- AK Contemporary – 7:30 p.m. in the Auditorium, featuring a lecture entitled “Art and Politics: A Look at Ai Weiwei,” followed by the film “Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry (2012).”
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
- Buffalo Events
- Buffalo Sports Travel
- Buffalo Travel
- Buffalo Gardening
- Buffalo Baking
- Buffalo Motorsports
Follow Paula on:
- Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
- Twitter - @paulat14
- Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
- Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com