The line combines the best of technical skin science and power-packed naturals while stripping out undesirable ingredients. Marla took Bluemercury’s thirteen years of experience of performing nearly 100,000 spa treatments (on me! I wish!) every year and blended that with input from more than 300 makeup artists and estheticians in Bluemercury stores.
The result: a power-packed treatment line that provides maximum results with minimal time. Recently I was lucky enough to be chosen to try the full line. Like a bee in wild flower patch -- I couldn't have been happier! Here is what I received...
- Brilliant Cleanse ($9) - A creamy skin-smoothing alpha beta hydroxy acid cleanser with grapefruit and mandarin orange.
- Fast Blast ($50) - A quick skin-brightening and exfoliating at home vitamin C facial mask with seaweed and aloe.
- Hydraboost Serum ($78) - A peptide-packed vitamin B5 hydrating and firming serum with tamarind and aloe.
- Hydraboost Cream ($84) - Peptide-packed vitamin B5 hydrating and nourishing moisturizer with tamarind, aloe, white mulberry and papaya.
- Jet Glow Cream ($92) - Brightening and retexturizing peptide and glycolic acid cream with red seaweed and goji berry.
- Power Glow Peel ($28) - A quick glycolic and salicylic acid exfoliating peel with vitamin K, bilberry and chamomile.
Although I loved everything (really and truly) here are a few of the big highlights from my time testing!
The (Steal-worthy) Staple:
From the moment I brought the products home, my sister snatched up the cleanser... and for someone with such acne prone skin even as an adult I was very surprised! I mean, c'mon the girl gets face cleanser and lotion PRESCRIBED to her! She never uses anything that's available readily in a store... or at least until now. But she has become a huge fan! She has ditched all other cleansers she normally uses for the gentle and effective (and most importantly balancing) Brilliant Cleanse.
The creams were incredible! I was glad to be able to try them together so I could compare and contrast their effectiveness. If I had to pick, the Jet Glow Cream worked best for my skin. It is a retexturing glow cream improves the skin’s clarity, tone and radiance. It felt like it just absorbed a bit better into my skin -- and the red seaweed was able to help keep my skin firm while soothing and nourishing the skin’s internal structure. End result -- it just glowed! I felt like it was strong, supple, and better able to combat environmental stressers -- like a few days of sleeping in my makeup! Sorry!
Best Bang For Your Buck:
Enjoy the world's easiest Peel with M-61's Power Glow Peel. You can choose between 10 or 30 pre-packaged treatments. And just like a makeup removing cloth you can rip open the package, wipe it all over your skin and ta-da instant facial! Your skin will be a little red for a few hours, so it's best to do it at night, but in the end you feel perky and fresh. Any zits -- zapped! Any old dry skin cells - gone! You will be 100% refreshed!
As always, everything was...
- 100% paraben-free
- 100% synthetic fragrance-free
- dermatologist tested
- allergy tested
Love M-61 available at bluemercury www.bluemercury.com the best store (either online or at their Newbury Street location) for everything beauty!