Are you looking for something sweet, something mini, and something a bit healthier to put in a lunch box? Whether it’s for your lunch box or for someone else, consider the mini muffin.
These super easy, super quick treats can be made and cooled at night and ready to pack up and take with the next morning.
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray 48 mini muffin pans w/the cooking spray.
- Mix flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly beat egg in a separate bowl.
- Stir in milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups of tin halfway full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness by using a toothpick. For example, when you insert this into a muffin and it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- Cool for 1 minute in muffin tin and then transfer to a wire rack.
Made too many? Pop them into a freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Enjoy this easy lunch box snack!