One thing that stood out for those who exhibited their products at 2013 CES in Las Vegas was that many of the companies that were featured in the Venetian had a humanitarian contribution that went along with their creations.
The company named MPOWERD Inc., One Little West 12th Street Suite 615 New York City, New York 10014 a Benefit Corporation, founded in 2012 asked a question of a people in need first before producing their product. With so many people in darkness and without a viable source of energy the answer was a product called, Luci. Luci the solar-powered light is a low cost, long lasting, durable, lighting solution. The company views energy as a source for economic growth and increased social equality.
There is a Buy One, Give One promise with each Luci purchase; the company gives one light to someone living in energy poverty. The luminous properties given off by this product would be perfect for anyone who enjoys camping, also great for backyard parties, is a perfect fit for an emergency pack that could come in handy in a crisis. It is waterproof and collapsible and is a perfect utility to take with you anywhere.
- Charge time of 7 hours yields a minimum of 6-12 hours of light
- Luci charges under direct sunlight and even under incandescent light
- Maintains a single charge for three months
- Ten white Light Emitting Diodes (LED’s) with 4000 mcd light source
- Two brightness levels to conserve battery life
- Flashing light setting for emergency situations
- Provides fifteen square feet of light
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack can be charged while collapsed or expanded
- Minimum lifespan of one year
One great thing about this company is that you find yourself rooting for the success of their products, because it would mean success of their mission statement, “MPowerd seeks to reduce global energy poverty through the development and manufacture of affordable, environmentally-friendly lighting and power products. We believe that clean, energy efficient light should be accessible to everyone on the planet. This is why MPOWERD, with each Luci purchase, gives one light to someone living in energy poverty. We call this our Buy One, Give One promise.”