1. Door decoration. Grab a tank top, grass skirt and two hangers and heavy rubber bands. Place the tank on a top hanger and then sting the rubber band around the hanger hook. then dangle a pant hanger from the rubber band and clip the skirt on the bottom hanger. You can blouse the tank over the hanger and put a lei over the top and tie coconuts to the top for added emphasis on the bust.
2. A Basket of beach stuff. Find a brightly colored basket or beach bag, stuff your big colorful beach towels, flip flops, goggles and fins in the bag and place around the room or near the door in-case your guest decided to remove their flip flops too.
3. Chair decor and table cloth. Cover your chair with a solid color fabric and drape lei's over the back of teh chair to add a bright pop of color to the table. For the table cloth find a palm design or a green leafy pattern and pick up a fun centerpiece from your local party store.
4. Wall decor. Use a wall decor sheet from the party store to add a back ground scene. You can place them in one room to make a background or you can cover up some of your artwork to turn the entire room into an island paradise. For example, cover the TV and fireplace or hang one over the couch!
5. Cover your couch pillows. Find your collection of beach towels and cover your everyday couch decor pillows with the towel by draping it over each one.
6. Decorative room pieces. Use a bamboo place mat or table runner on your coffee table and other surfaces. Find a clear vase and add artificial tropical flowers and an outdoor lantern Tiki torch to the scene.
7. Sand bucket and beach hats. Find a toy sand bucket at a local dollar or drug store. Fill it with lei's your guests can put on. Place it on top of a bamboo place mat and use a straw hat to accent your decor.
8. Have scuba gear in the closet? It's time to bring it out and hang it on the back of a door or over the railing.
9. Use fishing nets and glass bobbers to add that seashore flair to your party. Scatter your seashell collection throughout the net too!
10. Use the photo opp fun and place a bikini clad and ukelele playing facade in front your your guests - just for FUN!
Enjoy the party!