- Friday, 17 January
- Wednesday, 29 January
Both dates have a 10am curtain call. On the program is a diversity of pieces:
- Do Whatcha Wanna – Rebirth Brass Band
- Can-Can from Orpheus in the Underworld – Jacques Offenbach
- The Beautiful Blue Danube – Johann Strauss II
- Nocturne from A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Overture to The Marriage of Figaro – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Toreador Song from Carmen – Georges Bizet
- Symphony No. 5, I – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Overture to Light Cavalry – Franz von Suppé
Guest conductor for the YPC is David Torns. A graduate from Vanderbilt University's Blair School of Music and West Virginia University's College of Creative Arts, Torns, like many successful music professionals, began studying at five-years-old as a violinist. He has made a career out of musical education, designing his concerts for students of all ages.
Amy Alvarez also joins LPO's guest cast. She is a long-time fan of LPO, and a familiar face to essentially every stage in the New Orleans metro area. The 4-time Big Easy award winner spends her days as a social worker for the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.