With his collection channeling the colors and draping of Tibet and Bhutan, the look at Derek Lam was largely tribal inspired. To prevent the show from overwhelming, the hair had to been simple and utterly minimalist.
Enter Orlando Pita, celebrity hairstylist, who working with PHYTO and T3 created a sleek low ponytail with a severely defined middle part. Reminiscent of the hairstyle this examiner wore throughout her high school days, the look channeled an innocence that offset the sophistication of the clothing perfectly.
Stepping away from the madness of backstage for a moment, Pita shared with us how to get the look at home.
- Spray PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray throughout the hair to give texture and volume.
- Blowdry with T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer.
- From the ear down, create a big, loose wave with the T3 BodyWaver 1.75” Styling Iron.
- Take comb and create a perfect middle part.
- Apply PHYTO Professional Glossing Cream and PHYTO Professional Strong Sculpting Gel for hold and shine, and then scrape back into a low ponytail.
- Secure with elastic.
- Tease ponytail with teasing brush to create texture and additional volume, then smooth ponytail with a brush to create a smooth, polished look.
- Finish with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hair Spray.