As the weather in Boise starts to get warmer, people here in the City of Trees will put away their recipes for soup and begin looking for other lighter, cooler fare. I have found that tasty blender smoothie recipes are a great way to get the warmer months kicked off and get a low calorie, low fat sweet fix to boot.
This pear with cinnamon and oats smoothie recipe that I found recently is an easy fruit smoothie recipe of the low fat variety. Additionally, it's way quick to make, giving you some options for those mornings when you're running late but still want something good for you for breakfast. It's filled with fresh ingredients and gives you tons of fiber to help keep you feeling full and more importantly, help you keep the pounds off.
Pear with Cinnamon and Oats Smoothie
- 1 c. milk, low-fat
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 or 5 ice cubes
- Core and dice the pear, leaving the skin on.
- Drop all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend the mixture until it's smooth.
- For a different twist, substitute raisins for dates.
- Watch the video at the top of the screen to get more smoothie recipe ideas.
Read other breakfast food articles by clicking on the links below:
- Ham and egg breakfast casserole recipe
- How to make homemade cinnamon rolls (Video)
- Cereal snack bars with chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chocolate muffins: Unusual muffin recipes
- To-die-for Christmas biscotti with candy cane crunch (Video)
- Healthy breakfast cookies recipes: Oatmeal, pumpkin, ginger, fruit and nut bars (Photos)