Dinner can be a challenge for many people, but for those who are committed to the low-carb lifestyle, finding creative ideas for meals can be even more difficult. However, with a little imagination and using the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, you can come up with some great low-carb recipe ideas. This is exactly what happened when the Smooth and Tangy Pork Ribs were created.
Ingredients to make Smooth and Tangy Pork Ribs:
- Boneless pork ribs
- 1/2 cup low-carb steak sauce or a sugar-free bbq sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions to make this low-carb recipe:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash ribs and gently pat dry.
- If the ribs are already pre-seasoned, then you may skip this step. If not, then create your own seasoning based on what you have. I created mine with chili seasoning, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Rub the seasoning over the ribs.
- Spray a baking pan or dish with non-stick spray or grease well. Place ribs in the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, then take the lime and apply a few squirts of the juice over the ribs. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Just prior to serving, drizzle low-carb steak sauce over the ribs.
This low-carb recipe was delicious and even though the ribs were covered with low-carb steak sauce, the hint of lime was still noticeable and gave it a smooth, yet tangy taste. Smooth and Tangy Pork Ribs go well with a vegetable blend such as carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.