When starting a low-carb eating plan, many people ask what they can eat and search for recipes with ingredients that are low in carbohydrates. Luckily there are plenty of choices, like this cheesy ham and pepperoni stuffed chicken. This low-carb recipe, which serves two people, is easy to make, only has five ingredients and is delicious.
Ingredients needed to make cheesy ham and pepperoni stuffed chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 10 slices of pepperoni, torn into small pieces
- 2 pieces of ham, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to make this low-carb recipe:
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Once it is hot, place chicken breasts in it and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and put on a place or cutting board. Cut each breast open to make an opening, similar to a pocket. Put the pepperoni, ham and cheese inside of it.
- Put chicken breasts back in the skillet, with the uncooked side down and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until they are cooked thoroughly.
- Use a thermometer to make sure your chicken is properly cooked. The ideal internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- My chicken breasts were still frozen when I made this low-carb recipe. If your chicken is thawed, then keep an eye on it because that may alter your cooking time.
This low-carb recipe for cheesy ham and pepperoni stuffed chicken goes well with a green salad or a power green mixture.