Sue George, owner of Harvard Sweet Boutique, offers low-carb and gluten-free treats. When George was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 2001 at the age of 39, she worked with nutritionists at the Joslin Diabetes Center to develop a line of low-carb sweets with all-natural, high-quality gourmet ingredients for others with diabetes.
- 8 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cream butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar and sugar with mixer
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to mix
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and stir until just blended
- Add chocolate chunks and mix well
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown
Nutritional information: 12g carbohydrates per 1 oz. serving
Yields approx. (36) 1 oz. cookies.
Back to A Spoonful of Ginger story.