For months, British TV host Helen Fospero couldn't seem to restore her pre-baby body, regardless of what she did. When a colleague asked if she was pregnant 18 months after giving birth to her second child, Helen turned to a controversial diet that's high fat, low carb and ketogenic. She explained how it restored her flat "yummy mummy" tummy in an interview with the UK Daily Express - and we've got the skinny on how to make that plan work for you.
Reflecting on how she felt when asked if she was pregnant more than a year after giving her birth, Helen describes herself as "really embarrassed."
The 47-year-old TV presenter terms it "every woman's worst nightmare."
So to lose weight, Helen hired a personal trainer who provided her with a high fat, low carb diet and exercise routine. Result: Helen lost nine pounds in 12 days.
Helen followed guidelines similar to the Atkins diet:
- She ate high fat foods such as steak, steak, cream cheese, avocados, walnuts and cream.
- For produce, Helen limited herself to fresh greens.
- She avoided all carbohydrates, such as pasta, bread and potatoes, as well as sugar.
Make it work for you with these books:
- "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable" (click for details)
- "Keto Living Cookbook 2: Lose Weight with 101 Yummy & Low Carb Ketogenic Savory and Sweet Snacks (click for more information)
- "New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great"