Show your love and decorate your home with these easy and fun Love-flutterflies! Your little one will enjoy make them and even giving them to those they love.
Various colors of construction paper
1. Choose the color of the Love-flutterflies' body and cut into various sizes.
2. Roll the paper and glue the ends together. Put some clear tape along the outside of the edge to make sure it holds.
3. Cut various size hearts using different colors.
4. Glue them to the back of your body.
5. Use the hole punch to put two holes in the top of the body for the antennas.
6. Twist pipe cleaners into the holes.
7. Put tape around the pipe cleaners to secure them and to make sure the edges don't poke anyone.
8. Glue the eyes on.
9. Draw the mouth and nose on.
Alternatives and tips:
* You could use an empty toilet paper roll for the body instead of construction paper.
- If using a toilet paper roll you may want to paint it before putting the other pieces on it.
- I found it to be easier and faster to use yellow construction paper for the body.
* You could cut out the body to fit around a candy bar to give away.
* If you don't have googly eyes you can have your child draw on the eyes as well.
* You could have your child decorate the heart wings with markers to make it more personal.