Your family and friends will tell you that they want to help you. Just because some are older and are close to you does not mean they know what is best for you. Here is love advice from your friends that you should ignore.
1) Don't say "Hi" to a guy first. There is nothing wrong with being friendly. If you wait for a guy to say "Hi" first he might not say it and you are playing games. Do what you feel is right.
2) You can't love someone you are not dating. The heart wants what the heart wants and just because you are not with someone does not mean that you are not allowed to care about that person.
3) If he liked you he would have asked you out already. Some guys are shy and we are living in 2013. It is okay for a girl to make the first move.
4) All guys cheat. Girls cheat too and someone who says that has been burnt many times.
5) There is no such thing as a nice guy. Nice guys are out there but they are hard to find.
6) You don't know someone until you date them. When you are friends with someone and are comfortable with someone you show your true colors. That's why it is always important to be friends and start off slow. Otherwise you are entering a relationship with a total stranger.
7) If it didn't happen now, it will never happen. Sometimes love takes time to grow. Be friends with a guy you like and see what happens. 10 years from now you just might be with him.
Anytime your friends give you negative advice they are not helping you. It could be that they have been through negative experiences and aren't open minded. Be positive because what you put out there you do get back.