Dr. Mark Hyman appeared on the Dr. Oz show on Monday February 24 in which he shared the benefits of his new diet plan.
Dr. Hyman’s 10-Day Detox Diet was designed to reset your metabolism, help you break free from your cravings, and lose weight.
According to Dr. Hyman, “In 10 days not only can you lose up to 10 pounds, but you may also turn the tide on chronic health problems including type 2 diabetes, asthma, joint pain, digestive problems, autoimmune disease, headaches, brain fog, allergies, acne, eczema and even sexual dysfunction.”
Dr. Hyman is certain of his claims due to a study conducted a year ago in which 600 people volunteered to try my 10-Day Detox Diet and achieved favorable results. Their average blood pressure fell 10 points, blood sugar dropped 20 points, and all symptoms from all diseases were reduced by 62%.
The 10-Day Detox Diet consists of meals that contain zero carbs and starches and are full of protein and starch-free produce.
Record your measurements:
• Your weight. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning without clothes and after going to the bathroom.
• Your waist size. Using a tape measure, find the widest point around your belly button, not where your belt is.
• Take the Toxicity Quiz. This tells you if you have FLC Syndrome (where you “Feel Like Crap”). If you do the quiz before starting and then again after completion of the plan, you should see a difference.
Omit foods listed below:
• Anything that is not real food (e.g. anything made in a factory that comes in a can, box or package) unless it is a canned whole food such as sardines or artichokes with only a few real ingredients such as water or salt
• Any food or drink that contains added sugar (including honey, molasses, agave, maple syrup, organic cane juice or artificial sweeteners), especially any sugar-sweetened beverages or fruit juices
• Anything that contains hydrogenated oils and refined vegetable oils (like corn or soybean oil)
• Any foods with artificial sweeteners, preservatives, additives, coloring, or dyes – basically anything that has a label or is processed in any way
• Anything sugar or flour based (cookies, cakes, candies, etc.)
• Grains (rice, oats, quinoa) and all foods made from flours (crackers, pasta, bread, pretzels, etc.)
• Starches (sweet potato, potato, squash, parsnip, beets, etc.)
• Beans and legumes (chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, kidney beans, etc.)
• Dairy (yogurt, sour cream, cheese, milk, etc.)
• Coffee and anything caffeinated (tea, soft drinks, lattes, etc.)
• Alcohol (wine, beer, spirits, etc.)
Include Items listed below:
Protein: Salmon (fresh or canned), chicken, turkey, tofu, shrimp, scallops, grass-fed meats, sardines or herring, hard boiled omega-3 eggs, tempeh.
Non starchy vegetables, Coconut oil, olive oil, nut butters, almond milk, nuts and seeds.
For full list and meal plan visit Dr. Oz’s website.
Additional requirements for success:
• Sleep 7-8 hours a night
• Do deep breathing for five minutes a day
• Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
• Do 15 minutes of journaling daily (use the questions from the book for each day)
• Walk or do another physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day
• Take fiber before every meal to cut cravings and help balance blood sugar
• Take a good multivitamin, 2000 U of vitamin D3 and 2 grams of fish oil a day
• Take the UltraDetox Bath: 2 cups of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup baking soda and 10 drops of lavender oil
A number of audience members at the Dr. Oz Show were selected to try the 10-Day Detox in which they claimed to have lost up to 11 pounds within the 10 day period.