What the recruiters in retail industry want from its employees?? Apart from hard work and dedication, it demands you to be systematic and a good understanding of business and market trends comes handy!
Common Job titles in the retail industry!
- Store manager- someone who runs the store on his/her shoulders!
- Customer service assistants- commonly found hanging around racks, cheerfully assisting and guiding customers to find things they need!
- Fitting room assistants- executives helping you with collecting what all you reject at the fitting rooms!
- Cashier – responsible for collecting cash and redeeming prize points and helping customers with gift coupons and Promo Codes!
- Stock room in charge- executives to be caught hold of if you can’t find your size or something goes out of stock!
- Sales associate – big retails keep associates to help you find styles and things that suit you!
- Retail managers- you might find yourself looking for professionals who can help you in promotion to double up sales figures!
- Merchandiser/Suppliers- people responsible for supervising the entire transportation and supply chain management to ensure proper stock supply!
- Sales Executive- the most vital and direct touch points of the companies, responsible for making people believe in their deals and products on display!
Common things you might find yourself doing as a part of the retail industry!
It can be either – On location or off location! This means either to get to strategize the deals/plans for better purchases from your stores or you are asked to be part of the daily operations of the store!
Controlling department store operations include keeping a proper track on the stocks, keeping an eye on the inputs and purchases happening daily and being responsible for each and every thing happening in and near the store! From planning coupons to their Promo Codes to prices to outlets to hiring required staff, you might find yourself doing all that. Big retail companies keep separate departments for each while newbies stick to specialized people helping them with bits of all of that!
Have you thought of Coupon designing or coupon template trading as an alternative??
With customers looking for coupons on everything, even on toilet cleaners, attractive coupon designs are in demand by companies and mostly the work is outsourced. If you are someone, who have been a student of retail management and knows well the art of using psychologically abetting color combinations and printing schemes, a flourishing career is waiting its start!
You can also try out as a small online business owner with coupon trading! Retailers often hire professionals to promote their coupons, something similar to many famous companies like Dan Murphys Coupon codes etc!
Coupon creation is not only interesting but challenging as well. It needs knowledge of graphics and a strong liking for attractive color palettes! Big retailers might hire you as freelancer helping them pump up sales and satisfy customers! Whatever you indulge in choose judiciously and keep scaling newer heights!