So you’re sick of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and the Exploratorium … what’s new and offbeat in this town of ours? Well, the SF Chronicle has a slideshow on just that very subject.
Some of the highlights:
- Camera Obscura, near the Cliff House in the Richmond District. It was originally a part of Playland on the Beach.
- The Yoda fountain at the Presidio’s LucasFilm offices.
- The graves of Colma, which include Wyatt Earp and Emperor Norton I.
- The “Magic Bus”, a very hippie-themed tour of San Francisco courtesy of Antenna Theater.
- Mill Valley’s Tourist Club, a bar that you actually hike to. No, seriously.
Dreaming of San Francisco? Cece Blase offers local advice to San Francisco buyers, sellers and owners-- and feeds the dreams of those who wish they could live in Tony Bennett's 'City by the Bay.' Call 415-577-0809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ceceblase.com